FLIR's New Best-in-Class i-Series Thermal Imagers Deliver Compelling Results
Waltham, MA: September 2, 2008 - FLIR Systems launches the all-new, class-leading FLIR i-Series thermal imaging cameras. The affordable three-camera FLIR i-Series range - the i40, i50, and i60 - offers stand-out infrared diagnostic capabilities designed to help in-house plant maintenance/MRO, electrical and HVAC technicians, building inspectors, and pro thermographers alike find problems faster and more easily.
FLIR i-Series Thermal Imaging Cameras
(Download High-Res PR Image)
Leveraging FLIR's global leadership in infrared technology, the i-Series introduces numerous features found in more expensive cameras:
- Available FUSION scalable picture-in-picture allows the user to precisely blend an IR image with a visual reference image on a large 3.5" color LCD for easier diagnostics and more compelling reports.
- The built-in visual camera offers up to 2.3 megapixel resolution for amazingly rich details coupled with a built-in illuminator lamp to ensure quality images even in poorly-lit sites.
- 2% / 100mk (0.1C) thermal sensitivity delivers accurate and conclusive findings
- Infrared detectors ranging from 14,400 to 32,400 pixels lead the class in IR resolution
- 5-hour Li-Ion battery swaps easily on the field, so you never have to stop to recharge
- Lightweight, 1.3 pound, ergonomic grip design makes all-day, one-handed, "point and shoot" operation easier than ever.
For identifying electrical, mechanical, or building envelope issues, the FLIR i-Series cameras pay for themselves by revealing problems such as a faulty motor or bearing, before a failure or expensive tear-down. Finding an infrared camera for your in-house facility predictive maintenance program that's easy on your crew's budget and armed with class-leading capabilities just got easier. FLIR i-Series thermal imagers are available at local distributors through Extech Instruments, a FLIR company.
Equipped with everything you need for a rolling start:
- 1GB micro SD Card (stores up to 1,000 radiometric JPEGs that require no special software for viewing and can be easily emailed or placed in Word docs without loss of temperature data)
- Swappable 5-hour Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Power supply
- QuickReport software with USB cable
- Lens cap, hand strap, and heavy duty case
For related hi-res product images, click here (see "ATTACHED FILES" section in right hand column).
For more product information, data sheets, and interactive product video, visit www.extech.com/iseries
About FLIR Systems:
FLIR Systems, Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of thermal imaging and stabilized camera systems for a wide variety of thermography and imaging applications including condition monitoring, research and development, manufacturing process control, airborne observation and broadcast, search and rescue, drug interdiction, surveillance and reconnaissance, navigation safety, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring and ground-based security.
Global PR Manager